There’s been a lot of sunshine here but with that has been intense heat and humidity. Many hours of sewing and quilting was becoming somewhat unjoyful for me so I went down a different path. I had ordered some large art paper and the first happy thought I had was a sunflower and I drew a very simple drawing
The center of the flower is strip pieced, cut and sewn again to give the illusion of a woven center. Beading in the center gave it more dimension and made it look more like a seed center.
The leaf is three dimensional.
Lots of fun was had when choosing bright yellow batiks for the flower. I sewed narrow strip piecing of yellow batiks, then cut for the petals. Hubby helped me choose the unconventional green striped batik background. It surely makes the flower pop!