Another Group Effort

At the April retreat, participants put together this simple block.

One of the retreaters suggested I put the blocks together this way so as to not have to match seams. Great idea!

I found this layout boring, so I decided to have some fun with slashing the blocks.

Four of the slashed blocks made this cool design:

Here are all the blocks put together. Note that there is a secondary design.

It now needed something more and it wasn’t wide enough. Back into my bin of donated fabrics to add two side borders.

A Hospice flimsy – yeah! It is now hanging in my “flimsy” closet waiting in line behind the others to be quilted. My goal is to have them all done by the end of summer. Bonus: there are enough blocks left to make a second quilt from these blocks!

9 responses »

  1. I love this flimsy! It’s colours are soothing but it has so much movement to it. 😉

    Reply
  2. Laurie Jasany

    You can never just keep it easy 😂

    Reply
  3. I agree, the original block was boring. But your inspired slashing and rearranging has made a fabulous Flimsy. Well done!

    Reply
  4. Marlyn Curnow

    Very very clever!

    Reply
  5. Joyce, I may do some secondary cutting on the blocks i showed you for the green quilt. The diagonal lines provide more interest, I think. Thank you for the inspiration to do this.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: