Finally, all the blocks with little pieces were finished. I cut each in half diagonally, switched them around, sewed together to form a rectangle, then arranged all the blocks and sewed together. It makes for a cute table runner!
So many borders were auditioned. I had enough fabric of Kaffe’s Aboriginal Dots in six colors and just couldn’t decide. I called in my color cohort – Hubby. We decided on the purple – it seems to hold all the little pieces of color together.
My mother-in-law’s hand crocheted doilies and my little vases with fresh flowers were perfect for the dining table. This is now my favorite summer table runner.
Help! I need a name for this project for my label!
I haven’t been sewing too much lately, but when I finished this project, I was ready to get another done. I chose a Hospice flimsy that had been donated. Unfortunately, only a few minutes into quilting, disaster struck! The needle broke and it sounded bad. Hubby checked it out and Oh Yeah – bad! Off to the Bernina expert next week. Thank goodness for back-up machines!