Finish without a Name

About two years ago I came upon the pattern “Tangled” by Red Pepper Quilts on the Kona fabric site. I had the perfect collection – Blueberry Park.

Donut Block

I got the quilt cut, pieced the donut blocks, and clipped all the section parts together. That was it – no more until recently. I sewed like a crazy woman. I had to use the design wall for the whole process and even then it became confusing at times.

All the seams are pressed open. When I do the pressing on the wool mat, all lays perfectly flat.

Now this quilt top is hanging with my other flimsies. But – it needs a name! A couple of possibilities: “Emotions,” “2020.” Still not right – I’d like to have a more positive name. “Life’s Journey” perhaps. Hmmm. Any suggestions?

Outside blowing leaves is where I have been spending some time each day – Not complaining though. The weather has been nice and it’s something physical to do.

Pretty fall color!

Linkups: To Do Tuesday N&TT

1. Joyce, I love it! I’ve recently worked on a small piece that demanded the design board to keep it oriented properly, so I know what you mean. The colors on the white background remind me of the map of London tube stations.

2. “Woven Wrenches” Nice finish! Sent from my iPad

3. Brenda @ Songbird Designs

Beautiful! It reminds me of those round abouts you see in some towns, so I was thinking Round About 2020!?

4. Good morning, Joyce! I think I’d call it connections. Even though we cannot celebrate Thanksgiving as we ‘normally’ do this year, our family connections remain intact and strong. Thanks for linking up this week. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. ~smile~ Roseanne

5. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones!

What about Tangled Blueberries or Tangled Emotions?

6. We’re All Connected

• I was just going to suggest “Connected,” because that’s really been the theme of 2020: Finding ways to reach out and connect with other people despite all of the obstacles keeping us apart this year. In the same vein, you could call it “Zoom Meeting!”

7. The first thing I thought of was Hands Holding Hands

8. Two of the replies resonated with me. On first glance I saw wrenches – all connected in lovely colors. One of the comments suggested “Connections”. How perfect is that for this crazy year – we have all had to make a effort to stay connected with those we love and care about. And it is such a positive message. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

9. “The Road to 2021” or “A New Direction” Beautiful quilt!! Happy Thanksgiving!! 🦃🌻

10. I have the gray in that fabric and, though I don’t use much modern fabric, I’ve been able to use it in so many things. It’s a great quilt for this year–one thought I’ve had throughout this craziness is that we, and our actions, are all interconnected whether we want to be or not. What we do, or don’t do, affects others in the economy, morals, etc–just all of society in all ways. I guess I don’t really have a name but if this quilt is for 2020, that’s what it makes me think of!

11. That’s a neat design and a beautiful quilt! I’m not good at naming quilts, but it’s fun to see others’ suggestions. I loved Roseanne’s idea: Connections.

12. I thought, We’re All In This Together, before I read all the other suggestions! Lots of good ones!

13. Love the quilt. I was going to suggest Linked or Joined for names but I really like Connections. It really resonates right now without being too 2020.

14. Beautiful quilt. Connected pipes 😉