Wintertide

Welcome Standard Time – the time of year I usually get more sewing done in the early evening dark hours.

I have been wanting to do a wintery mountain wall quilt. Batiks were the way to go and fortunately I had a variety in blues for the background.

The strips were cut into two inch strips and I began piecing, adding the “mountains” on three of the upper strips. After researching several pines, I printed one out and began to cut. And cut. And cut. And – you get the idea! The scissors were replaced with an Exacto knife with a brand new blade, but it was quickly apparent that the scissors worked better.

I quilted the background first then ironed on the tree, adding free motion quilting. Instead of the usual binding, I mounted the quilt to an 18″ x 24″ canvas. I’ve never done that before and now know I will definitely do more mounted on canvas!

I only wish I’d taken more pics before bringing this piece up for my little quilt show in Blowing Rock. I’ll post more at a later time.

Now I want to do pines, mountains and bears – oh my!

(credit to Beths quilt works, picture only – no info.)

Link up: N&TT

1. Brenda @ Songbird Designs

You must tell us how you mounted that on canvas, please!!!??? It’s beautiful!

2. Joyce, that is fabulous! Colors, design, quilting…just wonderful!

3. Joyce this is beautiful. It reminds me of my view last week when we had our first snowfall.

4. WOWEE! This is gorgeous. I am not in any hurry to be in that winter scene but when it’s here it would be nice to look that fabulous. Peaceful and serene – what a talent you have and used in this creation. ~smile~ Roseanne

5. I love this. Its a great project and it will be fun to see more about it soon.

6. Beautiful! I hadn’t ever considered mounting a quilt on canvas before.

7. Stunning quilt finish!! I’ve only framed one quilt, but I also plan to do it again (with the right piece.) That piece hasn’t come along yet.

8. Beautiful and inspiring!