My Little Gallery Showing

Blowing Rock, NC is where I host my quilting retreats and hubby and I a;sp visit there a couple of times a year. I absolutely love it there! There’s hiking, strolling by all the shops and wonderful restaurants. It is such a pretty place. The hotel we stay at, The Meadowbrook Inn, is just lovely and comfortable – I call it my home away from home. The staff is so friendly, kind and helpful and over the years I have grown a beautiful relationship with them.

Every quarter the inn has a guest artist with their works hanging in their little gallery room. From now until January I am the guest artist! I had a number of pieces to bring, but there was a lot of prep work to do. I hand sewed loops or corners on the back of each piece, had hubby cut wooden slats to size, and inserted them in the back of each quilt for hanging. I brought 16 pieces and somehow got it all done. Whew!

Please note: the pics were all taken with someone else’s phone and sent to me after all the pieces were hung. They are not the best quality, but it is a hoot for me to see them all hung!

1. Awesome! What a treat for Meadowbrook to have your treasures hanging in their art room!!! Love this❤️

2. That’s a lovely art gallery of your work; on display for all to enjoy. Great exposure
    I think the pictures look good for whoever took them.

3. Joyce, they are all so beautiful and look excellent hanging in a gallery. How exciting for you!

4. Brenda @ Songbird Designs

They are all beautiful!! I would love to come to a retreat one day! My brother lives about an hour and a half south of Blowing Rock!

5. Congratulations on your gallery showing! How special to be recognized. Your quilted artwork is beautiful.

6. What fun to have a gallery showing. Your quilts are beautiful hanging there even if the photos aren’t the best. Hope everyone gets back to Meadowbrook soon.