Tula Strings

IMG_2171

At last! This quilt was a fair amount of prep, much sewing and now it’s done! What’s even better – I love it! The solids are all shot cottons and the prints are various Tula Pink prints, all of which are now out of print and many considered rare. I was originally inspired to do this quilt by one done by Quilt Diva Julie that she calls Optic Strings. I posted about this quilts beginning here.

There are playful blocks!  See the racoon’s eyes peeking out?

IMG_2172

And one of my favorites – Prince Charming!

IMG_2173

Tula Pink fans could play I Spy with this quilt! This quilt had its beginning in September, 2019.  I’m feeling rather accomplished that it’s complete in June of 2020!

IMG_2174

Linking with: Monday Making

Needle & Thread Thursday

1. Susan McDonald

I love how you did the border…please explain how you did it😊

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 2:54 PM heARTS Creations wrote:

> heARTs Creations posted: ” At last! This quilt was a fair amount of prep, > much sewing and now it’s done! What’s even better – I love it! The solids > are all shot cottons and the prints are various Tula Pink prints, all of > which are now out of print and many considered rare. I was ” >

2. Laurie Jasany

So stinkin’ cute Joyce!

3. So stunning! I recognize several of the fabrics, but you do have a couple that I hadn’t seen before 🤔

4. That is a fun, colorful, and challenging quilt. I don’t think that people realize how difficult it is to get every line perfectly straight with perfectly even seams so that everything comes together. It looks great, Joyce!

Jean

5. Susan brausch

Love this quilt!

6. It is really really wonderful – my inspiration was a vintage quilt from Roderick Kiracofe’s book Unconventional and Unexpected.(thanks for the shout out, BTW) Love how colorful your version is with the shot cottons and Tula fabrics.

7. Visiting you from Quilt Infatuations linky party. Your quilt is SO striking! I really love it and those matching seams are indeed impressive!

8. What a fabulous quilt. I always love string quilts but I especially like how each block has two fabrics, alternating the strips. Super!