The batik scrap bin overflows! I have been wanting to do another batik scrappy, and decided to mix them with black and white fabrics. Such a fun combination that was a joy to put together. Admittedly, the black and white bin was not as full as anticipated and yardage was purchased for the borders and binding. Still, the fabrics used in this quilt were mostly from scrap stash which makes it a win!
I worked on this quilt while quilting with friends at the family farm of one this past December. It was such a special time of conversing, laughing, being amazed at their talents, good food and we were even treated to a bit of a snowfall one evening!
The quilt top did not get completed at our sew-in as the fabric I brought for the borders just did not work. It can be so helpful to have the eyes and input from other quilters. I knew immediately they were right in their assessment, so it waited until I got home.
I really like the backing I used – a funky print and a bright solid. The overall quilting pattern used by my longarmer goes perfectly with the quilt top.