Purging and reorganizing have consumed me the last couple of months. Last week I went through the two donation bins of fabric, blocks and quilt tops I have. Some I passed on to other worthy causes. I pulled a couple of quilt tops ready to be quilted. Then I found a panel of bird blocks. I immediately cut them and paired with two solid fabrics. Two days later a completed Hospice quilt top was on my design wall!
This was such an easy and gratifying sew. As soon as the fleece I ordered for the backing comes in, I’ll get it quilted.
Then on to the not so quick sew. We recently put in new countertops and a backsplash in our kitchen. The windows needed new toppers. This was not a big undertaking, but mentally, I just wasn’t into it. I found fabric I truly fell in love with and it was birds! So fitting, as we have many birdhouses in our yard, a few feeders and lots and lots of birds. After two days of sketching, cutting, sewing and lots and lots of griping – ta da! They’re up and I love them. It’s amazing how a simple window treatment can transform the look of a room.