A Few Finishes!

Oh how I like to say “finished!”  Two of these are little, one bigger, but all make me happy.

First, for a couple of little Christmas time gifts, I embellished these towels.  From my stash, I made prairie points and cut strips.  These make great hostess gifts and guild gift exchanges.  They’re also pretty quick!

towels

These next are, as my hubby declared, “Cute, Cute, Cute!”  I found these little dishes at our local Habitat Store.  Buttons added around the rim and magnets on the bottom and voila! Pin dishes.  I am struggling though, I want to keep one.  I already have other pin dishes and a LOT of pin cushions.  Let go, let go.

pin-dishes.jpg

bottom

And finally, I got the last border on my Tula Strings. I know, technically not a complete finish because it’s not quilted. That, however, won’t happen for quite some time so I’m declaring a victory – a finished flimsy!  Off to Flimsy Land it goes.

tula-strings.jpg

I’m also prepping for a two day sew-in that I am really excited about. I have two projects prepped and packed and am working on a third – just in case.

As the year is coming to a close, do you find yourself finishing?

ornaments

Linking:  Oh Scrap!    Monday Making   Midweek Makers   Quilt Fabrication

1. The gifts you’ve made are SEW sweet!! Congrats, again, on your lovely new completed quilt.

2. I didn’t know putting magnets on the bottom of a dish would hold the pins, what type of adhesive did you use? And I LOVE your little ornament graphic at the bottom of your post, did you make it??

3. I just started Christmas gifts! Love those pincushion button bowls, so cute. If I could figure out cute and covered (silly cats love pins), I’d contemplate making some.

And a flimsy is a finish in my personal book these days. 😉

4. I agree with your husband “Cute” is the operational word for both gift ideas! A flimsy is a finish in my books as well! That’s the stage I get to these days! Shoulder surgery has slowed me down in the quilting department so the Flimsy Department is expanding! I’m positive next year will be the year of actually quilting and binding those flimsiest! 😁

5. Your pin bowls are a wonderful gift idea! I’ll have to remember that! My finishes this time of year are always small ones, and mostly for gifts, and it is a really good feeling to have that taken care of!

6. Those pin bowls are a great gift idea. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

And I love your quilt top. Hopefully you can get it quilted up soon.

7. Those towels look great. I’ve never thought to add cute Christmas fabric. And the bowls are brilliant…if I had any spare bowls around! Great ideas.

8. Love the pin bowls and your hubby is right ‘cute, cute, cute’!! And the towels are such a great idea for a quick and wonderful gift idea. Finishing is what the end of the year is all about for me. I love starting the new year fresh and free of UFO’s!

9. Those are fantastic finishes! The towels are so festive, and the pin dishes very clever.

10. Ohhh A lot of fun stuff, I love doing towels as well….the quilt is awesome.

11. Rhonda Bailey Richmond

Do you have directions on how to embellish the towels? I am a newer quilter and would love more information. Thank you.