That’s the name of a pattern from Craftsy several years ago. I fell in love with it and it being a free pattern, it made my decision to do this quilt a lot easier. I immediately ordered the fabric, Bobbins & Bits batik. Interestingly enough, this fabric also was in a non-batik and yes, I originally ordered the wrong one. Thankfully that mistake was easily corrected.
The fabric is bold and fun with graphics of buttons and scissors. I did all the cutting and began to put several blocks together when I did my artist in residency at Wild Acres about three years ago. When I brought the project home, it sat, and sat, and sat. Finally I put what was done on the design wall and was motivated to get this baby done! My aim at accuracy was a bit off in places, but overall I’m good with the results.
There is an excellent long arm quilter in South Carolina that I met last year and I gave her the flimsy in May. She travels a lot and I was willing to wait because I knew she would do a great job. And a great job she did! The red thread on the back fabric is quite bold! And as an extra bonus she squares and trims the finished quilt!! I machine sewed the binding on as soon as I got it home. Usually I completely machine sew on my bindings, but this one begged for me to hand sew the one side. For a week I dog sat at my son’s house so I had the perfect project to keep me busy!