A Very Scrappy Scrap Finish

Sometime ago I emptied my fabric scrap bin and had cut everything into various sizes (posted here).  I took all the 2 1/2″ squares and started putting them together as a leader/ender project. After putting together 24 sixteen patches, I bordered each with 1 1/2 inch strips. It was all finished off with two rows of the 2 1/2 inch squares for a border. I loved all the crazy mixed up color and patterns! The scrap squares were now just about gone!

I laughingly said that there were just enough left to make a potholder

Voila! An empty 2 1/2″ scrap bin!!

img_1379.jpg

But now this happened. ARGH!%!

img_0070

Link ups:   To-Do Tuesday   Midweek Makers   WOW   NTT    Whoop Whoop Fridays Finished or Not Friday

1. Love the scrappy quilt!

2. Turned out great!

3. Wow that is so attractive for a scrappy quilt. Thanks for sharing.

4. I love all the fabrics put together in a quilt too – lovely memories of each fabric all put together in one quilt. The sashing keeps it from getting overwhelming. I am impressed that you finished your scraps. I’ve got plenty of scraps to go through!

5. Karen Marlow-Goad

love your scrappy quilts – they are the best kind!

6. Good Morning! I love a good scrappy quilt and you’ve got a great one there. Doesn’t it make you smile to look at all the different pieces of fabric from other favorite projects? That’s the nice thing about scraps – it holds a tangible memory of something you lovingly sewed for someone else. ~smile~ Roseanne

7. Your scrappy quilt is fantastic! Everything works so fantastically together! Scrappy quilts just make me so happy. I really need to make one myself. And, oops… More scraps!

8. It warms my heart to see your very scrappy scrap quilt finish. Congratulations! I see you now have MORE scraps to use, too. Have SEW much fun with those!

9. What a great scrappy quilt! Bet that empty scrap bin felt really good while it lasted!

10. Beautiful quilt. And the scraps always multiply again, don’t they?