Scrappy & Grunge – Bohemian Hippie*ish

Bohemium 4 (Large)

Lots of scraps, cut into strips and squares, put together as quarter log cabins and set on point. I put many of the finished blocks on the design wall and quickly determined that they did indeed need to go on point. After playing and playing with them, I also determined that I wanted a sashing to help really bring out all the pretty prints. I tried lots of solids but it was a no-go.

Bohemiun 3 (Large)

Then I tried Grunge.  Yes! But what color? I went to my fave quilt shop and layed out about 8 different Grunge bolts on a table with some of my blocks. The quilt shop professionals weighed in on their choices (a very bright lime green) and many of the customers did as well. It was then narrowed to three.  I kept going back to this turquoise and I love the end result.

Bohemiun 2 (Large)

The quilt sings “Bohemian” to me – reminds me a little of the hippie times in the 60’s. It will be gifted to a special young lady I’ve known since she was a little girl and I understand she likes this style. I hope it will keep her warm and happy for many years to come. For me it was a total delight to make. Now I only have about ten million more scraps to use!

Bohemiun (Large)

Linking up with: Main Crush Monday, Monday Making, Linky Tuesday, My Quilt Infatuation

1. I love love love this quilt! I’ve always wanted to make this style of log cabin and don’t know why I haven’t. You’ve motivated me!

2. Joyce, this is one of my favorites of all your quilts. I love the colors, the off-center blocks on point, etc. Great quilt!

3. Joyce, You Yuppie, I love it! I unearthed a box of scraps this weekend and started to sort and cut 2 1/2” strips and then couldn’t decide if I should just throw out bits…after 2 or 3 hours I decided to put back the box for another day. But it was good to find and hit a few with the iron and the Accuquilt machine. I have much to finish for the quilt show including the “Buckeye Beauty” quilt that I worked on at Spring Retreat. Love Linda C

Sent from my iPad

4. Brenda @ Songbird Designs

This is awesome! I like hippie*ish!! I guess because I’m a child of the 60’s!!! LOL Great job – and I love the turquoise with it! Lime green would have been my second choice, but then again, I do have a lime green mustang convertible and love the color – second only to purple!!! 😉 LOL

5. What a lucky young lady. I love this! Of course, turquoise is my favorite color.

6. This quilt is just lovely!

7. Lovely quilt, colorful and beautiful!

8. Wow! Love it love it love it! What a great use of scraps and a great finished product! Thanks for sharing.

9. What a PRETTY QUILT! love it.

10. Beth @ Cooking Up Quilts

I love Grunge, and the turquoise you chose is perfect! It looks great with all those colorful scraps. And that backing – yummy!! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous quilt on Main Crush Monday. 🙂

11. That is really pretty. It’s so very cheerful.

12. What a great quilt! I love the title. You picked the exact right color for sashing and side triangles. Quilt shop help is the best.

13. That teal really makes the blocks shine! Congrats on a gorgeous finish!