What I’m Working On

img_1273-large

For quite some time I’ve wanted to do a postage stamp quilt – a true postage stamp with 1 inch finished squares. I pulled out a bunch of my Kaffe prints and found a neutral batik that I love. This is a wall hanging – another day I will do a larger one (maybe?). The arrangement is somewhat of a colorburst. I did have fun arranging all the pieces.

postage-stamp-on-design-wall-largepostage-stamp-with-partial-border-large

Now for the border. After sketching on paper and deciding on dimensions, Hubby put it in EQ for me so I could print out paper piecing patterns. The sewn piece on the design wall is not trimmed yet, and will be much smaller when done. Now I just need to decide what will go in the outside corners. I haven’t given that much thought yet or played with it, but would certainly welcome suggestions.

pointed-border-large

I also got out my black and white scrap bin. Boy is that bin jammed packed! There is now a pile of 2 1/2″ squares that will be pieced as Leader-Enders. This will be my first quilt that will be entirely black and white. I’m thinking of using solid black and solid white half square triangles to make a Buckeye Beauty block. Much more sewing needs to be done before that decision is made.

bw-leader-enders-large

Maybe, just maybe, by February I’ll have another empty project box!

NOTE:  Quilt & Sew-In Retreat Fall II still has openings! Hope you’ll join me for all the fun!!

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation

1. Joyce Joyce Joyce

2. I love it! Dramatic and uses scraps at the same time. Corners always give me problems too. Can you do curved points, like in a New York Beauty? More drafting for Bob.

3. I so love your postage stamp quilt. The colors are fantastic.

4. Oh! I like where this is going!

5. Joyce…Dee Wittmack and I were pondering the thought of coming to the Lake Norman Quilt Guild (the Guild that you attend and some of the November retreat ladies also attend) but cannot remember their meeting schedule or the location…when you get a minute will you send that info to me? I am hoping I’m not too late for January meeting.

Thanks, Susan Austin

Susan Austin 704.654.6115 sbaustin21@gmail.com

On Sat, Jan 14, 2017 at 1:09 PM, heARTS Creations wrote:

> heartsdesireretreats posted: ” For quite some time I’ve wanted to do a > postage stamp quilt – a true postage stamp with 1 inch finished squares. I > pulled out a bunch of my Kaffe prints and found a neutral batik that I > love. This is a wall hanging – another day I will do a larger one (” >

6. I love your postage stamp quilt and that border will be just perfect!

7. Your postage stamp mini quilt is amazing! I’m so eager to see your progress on your black and white quilt as I have one waiting in the wings! Such awesome quilts! Thank you for sharing!

8. What are leader/enders? Sounds interesting.