Oh yes, it is so very close! I’ve mentioned so many times throughout 2016 that one of my goals was to whittle down the number of Works in Progress I have stacked in my studio. What better way than to join in with the 2017 Planning Linky Party at Quilting JetGirl? Linking Up is new to me and I’m looking forward to getting more involved with the great cyber quilting world!
So what does 2017 have in store for me? This is what I’m aiming/hoping for:
- Continue to work on my WIPs, completing at least five.
- Join a round robin (actually I have already – it begins in January and I’m really excited. We are a group of 4. The other 3 are truly amazing quilters so I will definitely be challenged). My center block is one I already have started!
- Reorganize my hoard of fabric, one more time.
- Make and complete 6 charity quilts.
- Already planned, but not yet cut, is a quilt I will make for a dear couple getting married next year.
- Learn and challenge myself to at least one new technique.
- Write a pattern for a quilt I have already made that I have had a few requests for. I have written several patterns, but this one may be a bit more challenging as I made the quilt over a year ago.
- This is a big one – not start any new projects except for the wedding quilt until at least five of my WIPs are complete.
- 2017 Fall II Quilt & Sew-In Retreat – this is already added to the calendar, making it 3 retreats a year! I’m super excited and hope you’ll join me.
Do you plan your projects or do you progress strictly by inspiration? Do you limit your Works in Progress or is the sky the limit?