As if I didn’t have enough projects in the process, I started a new one about a week ago. I was going through my bin of Kaffe Fasset fabric and decided I wanted a small table topper for my dining room. I began sketching 6″ finished blocks and away I went. On the eighth block I had more than a screw loose – I lost it completely! I had to take it out six times! No, it wasn’t difficult – as you can see, none of them are. My quilting brain had just gone to sleep (comatose more like it)!
As soon as I had the blocks together I cut my backing and batting and sandwiched it so it was ready to quilt the next morning. I was going to do a sort of loop-d-loop free motion and then realized it would be the perfect size for a spiral. I have wanted to try one for quite some time now. It was really easy! The very beginning is a little tough, and you can see in the pics the center is a little wonky, but once I got going, it was easy. I just followed around with my walking foot. At one point, though, I had to stop for a minute – it was making me dizzy! I did the loop-d-loops on the borders, got the binding on, and had the table topper on my dining room table that afternoon. Instant gratification! Now I am a bit more motivated to get to a project or two that has been hanging around for a long, long time.