This is another scrapbuster! I got my son’s Christmas quilt done earlier in the year and then it was time to do one for my daughter. I used the scraps from the first quilt. This quilt started out as a traditional French braid. Seems like I never succeed at typical. A couple of the rows were wonky. Not wanting to embrace my seam ripper for hours, I decided on a redesign. I cut, added borders and sewed. I think I liked this better than the original plan! After I added the borders I felt like it just needed more – thus the holly appliques in the corners.
I believe this has become one of my favorite quilts ever. It’s bright, cheerful and So Christmas!