Got it Covered

Just got back from a week in the mountains at the New River and it was wonderful! Of course I brought some handwork to do while relaxing on the front porch.  Warning! Do not take only one project.  I soon discovered I needed to execute the hand work another way, but did not have what I needed. That left me with the bulk of the week with no handwork! I did finish two books which was amazing. I have certainly learned my lesson!

machine cover

I did get a small project done a couple of weeks ago. My sewing studio tends to be a dusty place. When I first got my Bernina and set up my space as a  full sewing studio, I made a simple plain cover. Time to brighten things up!  I pulled out several batik pieces and began to cut and sew.  Batting, a backing and some quilting were next. I cut the sewn sections into small sections to piece and make a cover. I downloaded an outline of a sewing machine, backed a piece of black fabric with fusible, cut and fused it to the front piece and zig zagged the edges.  Sewed the top and sides together and bound the bottom.  Voila! A bright and cheery piece with a practical use. And…it is one of my UFOs for the challenge!

Advertisements

2 responses »

  1. You’ve inspired me! I have a honey bun roll that will make a bright, cheery cover for my machine. Thank you!

    Reply
  2. Very cute machine cover 🙂

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: