Scrapbuster Sunday

I first started cutting the tumblers for this quilt about 6 or 7 years ago at a retreat.  Other quilters generously let me cut tumblers from their scraps.  I really wanted to do a sashing which is, of course, adding to the project.  I think it’s worth it though.  The rows are not attached to each other yet.  I have trimmed those and then need to match all those wonderful seams – what was I thinking?! I had a few decisions to make.  Do I cut through the tumblers on the sides to make it straight?  Do I add a filler at the end of the rows?  Or do I add a sashing at the end of each row and then leave the edge the shape of the tumblers?  It may make the binding a bit more challenging, but it is doable. And as you can see, the sashing at the end and  the zig zag edge is what I chose.

Tumbler (Large)

In part my decision is based on fabric. Yikes – I didn’t have enough of the blender to finish! I scoured the internet and could not find any. I then contacted customer service at Coats (it’s a Free Spirit dapple).  A few days later they blessed me with their last 2 yards in the warehouse! Wow! Now it’s back to sewing….

The daylilies are bringing new joy to the front garden each day.

Daylily 1 (Large)

Advertisements

2 responses »

  1. Wow! That really is so pretty with the sashings!

    Reply
  2. I like the layout with the sashing in between and the zigzag edges!

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: