The Sew Modern Sew & Quilt Retreat in Blowing Rock, NC is just 2 weeks away! The key to a successful, productive and fun retreat is to pack everything you need. It is amazing to see how much gets accomplished when away from the every day distractions from home. Not sure what to bring? Here’s a list to help:
- Sewing Machine and a spare if you have one
- Sewing Machine Manuals
- All accessories, cords and foot pedal to your machines
- Extension Cords, Power Strips
- Task Light
- Rotary Cutter and Spare Blades
- machine Needles & Hand Needles
- Seam Ripper (unfortunately)
- Assorted Rulers
- Cutting Surface if not provided by the retreat
- Iron and ironing surface if not provided by the retreat
- Projects – several! More gets done at retreats than one realizes, or you may get bored working on one large project. Choices keep the juices flowing!
- Travel Mug/Cup (no open liquids in work room)
- No Fragrances – the work room should be fragrance free
Start packing early – it’s part of the fun! What are you waiting for? GO PACK!!